Monday, November 27, 2017

A Thanksgiving Wish

i thank You God for most this amazing
day: for the leaping greenly spirits of trees
and a blue true dream of sky: and for everything
which is natural which is infinite which is yes
e. e. cummings
YES!
I hope all my friends and family had a blessed Thanksgiving Day, filled with love and joy and thankfulness -- and if you were lucky, a walk outdoors among the "leaping greenly spirits of trees" and beneath a "blue true dream of sky."
This photo is of Moreau Lake on a late November afternoon, as a lowering sun gilds the top of the far mountain before slipping behind the mountains in the west. Each time I gaze at this scene I feel a deep peace, aa well as deep  thankfulness that I live surrounded by such natural beauty.

I also give thanks for the continuing health and vivacity of my husband, Denis, who turns 80 years old today.  As a birthday gift to him, we will be spending most of the coming week in the habitat that delights him the most, the vibrant milieu of New York City, with all its wonderful museums and ethnic restaurants and, this time of year, the  bustling and colorful crowds from all over the world who throng this great city's streets to marvel at the holiday decorations. I love all this, too, but I know I will be very glad to return the following week to my wilderness haunts and once again post news of what I find out there in this blog.

1 comment:

The Furry Gnome said...

Have a good time in the city. Quite the contrast to your usual haunts!