Saturday, May 17, 2014

Every Day a New Flower Blooms

Just for the record, I'm posting photos here of some of the flowers I've found coming into bloom this week.  I used to obsessively keep written notes of every wildflower I found, from genuine rarities to tiny sidewalk weeds,  but I'm finding myself growing lax at this task.  More and more, I use my blog as a record when I want to know where and when I might find a certain flower in bloom.  Here are some I found the past few days.

At Woods Hollow Nature Preserve, Ballston Spa:


Pink Lady's Slipper (Cypripedium acaule)




Painted Trillium (Trillium undulatum)





Canada Mayflower (Maianthemum canadense)





Yellow Clintonia (Clintonia borealis)



At Malta Ecological Park, Malta


Fragrant Sumac (Rhus aromatica)





Black Chokeberry (Photinia melanocarpa)



My Backyard Wildflower Garden, Saratoga Springs


Celandine Poppy (Stylophorum diphyllum)





Star-flowered Solomon's Seal (Maianthemum stellata)





Flowering Dogwood (Cornus florida)





Virginia Bluebells (Mertensia virginica)



2 comments:

threecollie said...

Aw...that is beautiful!

Unknown said...

This is such a wonderful blog! I so appreciate your photos and botanical ID. Keep exploring.