Saturday, December 29, 2012

MORE Snow! Yay!


It snowed all day long today.  Not heaps and heaps of it, but enough to make the roads too slippery to venture very far from home for a walk in the woods.  I made it to Orra Phelps Nature Preserve in Wilton and decided I'd better stop there, rather than trying to make it over the mountain to the Hudson River.  But Orra's place was lovely enough, with marshmallow banks along a rushing stream.



You can't tell from the photos above nor from the photo right below that the air was filled with snow gently falling, falling, falling, showering a mist throughout the forest and prickling my cheeks made warm and rosy from huffing and puffing through deepening drifts.




There!  I took a flash shot of the same scene as above to show how the air was just filled with falling snow.


1 comment:

Seema Patel said...

Great pics mam...living in South California, its like wonderland for me...