Friday, July 23, 2010

No Paddling Today!

Ha! So much for that pimpernel's prediction of fair weather! (See last post.) Rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain, rain. All day long, rain, rain, rain. My friends and I met at the river with our canoes and just sheltered in a car for a while until we concluded this rain would never let up. It's just no fun to canoe in the rain if you don't have to.

Ed went home, but Sue and I decided to walk about a bit, getting soggier and soggier as we went. Look: even the dragonflies were getting drenched.


As the rain came down harder and harder, I didn't want to endanger my camera by getting it wet, so we packed it in and headed to a diner for lunch. Then home for dry clothes and a nap. Some days are like that.

We really needed the rain, though. And I'll bet this brings out the mushrooms, so that's good.

2 comments:

Nellie from Beyond My Garden said...

We could use some of your rain down here in the Ohio Valley. Hot, hot, hot, hot, hot.

Jacqueline Donnelly said...

Hello and welcome, Beyond the Garden. Thanks for stopping by and giving us the chance to visit your own delightful blog, where you rejoice in the natural beauty that surrounds you at home and at work. We, too, have been really short on rain this summer and hot, hot, hot!