Friday, March 13, 2009

I Am Curious About Yellow




I went for a quick walk today just to get out of the house for a bit, and I came to a quick halt when I spotted this shrub.  Whoa!  That's some kind of  yellow!  It certainly stood out from the lilacs and sumac and dogwood shrubs that surround it.  I haven't a clue what it is.  Maybe some kind of willow?  I know weeping willows turn bright yellow about this time of year.  Any dendrologists out there?  If you don't ID this shrub in a comment here, I'll try to ID it myself when its leaves (maybe flowers?) pop out.  For the moment, at least, it's a bright spot of color in this drab late winter landscape.

(Here's another thing I find curious.  This purple underlining of all the text in this post.  I can't seem to get rid of it.  Oh well.  Just another spot of color.)

No comments: